Mechanical Engineering is one of the most sought after branch in Engineering. It has wide application in industries like Manufacturing, Automobile, Power Plants, Aviation, Nuclear Energy & all major and small scale industries. The Department has established in the year 2002. Presently the Department is having an intake of 120. The Department has well developed laboratories, infrastructure and ecosystem for grooming the successful Mechanical Engineers for tomorrow.
The faculties are highly qualified & experienced, dedicated and provoked with industrial background. Besides teaching the faculties are involved in consultancy and training programme like material testing, CNC and CAD related software's etc. The graduates of Mechanical Engineers can find employment in Tata Motors, NTPC, Godrej, Mahindra & Mahindra, Thermax, Alfa Laval, Jindal Steels and other software industries such as Infosys, Wipro, HCL, Cognizant etc. The Department has signed MoU with AutoDesk and CAD Center, Bengaluru.The Department is providing Solid Works, Solid Edge, Ansys and Hypermesh training for 3 and final year students.
The Vision of the department is to provide high academic goals to the students and make them the world leaders both in Educational and Research through effective Teaching & Learning.
To provide a learning environment that helps students to enhance problem solving skills, be successful in their professional lives and to prepare Students to be lifelong learns by offering a solid theoretical foundation and exposure to the latest tools & technologies in the area of Computer Hardware & Software.
Objective is to give a broad understanding of common materials related to mechanical engineering with an emphasis on the fundamentals of structure-property-application relationships. In Metallography we will learn specimen preparation techniques and study the microstructure of typical engineering alloys, which provide information on phase distribution, grain size, and solidification structure.
OUTCOME OF ENERGY CONVERSION LAB (10MEL58)
- Students will be able to conduct the experiments of flash point and fire point of any gaseous fuels. And their importance.
- Students will be able to conduct the experiments of viscosity by using Red-wood and Say-bolt apparatus. To check the viscosity of given sample.
- Students will study the difference between actual and theoretical valve timing diagram which will give exact idea about opening and closing of inlet and outlet valve and also helps us to understand the importance.
- Students will be able to conduct the experiments of 2-stroke petrol engine,4-stroke diesel engine, 4-stroke multi-cylinder diesel engine and V.C.R petrol engine.
- By using above experiment Students will be able to conduct the performance of I C Engine with the help of following performance evaluating parameters i) Heat input ii) Indicated Power iii) Brake Power iv) Frictional Power v) Indicated nth vi) Brake nth vii) BSFC viii) Relative and Volumetric efficiency.
Machining is a part of the manufacture of many metal products, company where machining is done is called a machine shop.Objectives of Machine Shop:
- To provide an insight into different kinds of machine tools
- To provide training to students to enrich their practical skills
- To inculcate team qualities among the students
- To train the students based on ethical, environmental and safety issues
- Will be able to demonstrate the various skills of Turning, facing, knurling, and thread cutting
- Will be able to operate lathe machine, milling machine, shaping machines safely
- Will be able to work effectively with the others as a team
Computer Aided Engineering DrawingCourse outcomes:
After studying this course,
- Students will be able to demonstrate the usage of CAD software.
- Students will be able to visualize and draw Orthographic projections, Sections of solids and Isometric views of solids.
- Students are evaluated for their ability in applying various concepts to solve practical problems related to engineering drawing.
Workshop Practice Lab
To impart knowledge and skill to use tools, machines, equipment, and measuring instruments.
Educate students of Safe handling of machines and tools.Course outcomes:
At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
Demonstrate and produce different types of fitting models.
Gain knowledge of development of sheet metal models with an understanding of their applications.
Perform soldering and welding of different sheet metal & welded joints.
Understand the Basics of Workshop practices.